Bess McCarty (“Company” or “we,” “our,” or “us”) owns or controls, and provides access to, bessmccarty.com and related websites (however accessed and/or used, whether via personal computers, mobile devices or otherwise) or other interactive features that are accessible or downloadable through bessmccarty.com and that link to these TERMS (collectively, “Web Site”). THESE TERMS GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE. These TERMS only apply to the Web Site, and not to any other web site or any offline activities by Company (unless specifically stated). You agree to these TERMS by accessing or using the Web Site, registering for services offered on the Web Site, or by accepting, uploading, submitting or downloading any information or content from or to the Web Site. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE WEB SITE.
Table of Contents 1. Acceptance of Terms 2. Description of Web Site Services 3. Intellectual Property Ownership; License 4. Links To Other Web Sites 5. Our Linking Policy 6. Acceptable Use 7. User Accounts, Additional Terms & End User License Agreements 8. Promotions 9. Copyrights & Copyright Agents 10. Third Party Content and Information 11. Information You Submit 12. Disclaimer of Warranties 13. Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability 14. Indemnity 15. Governing Law 16. Jurisdiction & Venue 17. Miscellaneous 18. Termination
1. Acceptance of Terms Your use of the Web Site is subject to these TERMS, which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. It is important for you to refer to these TERMS from time to time to make sure that you are aware of any additions, revisions, or modifications that we may have made to these TERMS. Your use of the Web Site constitutes your acceptance of these TERMS.
2. Description of Web Site Services The Web Site currently provides users with access to a collection of online resources, which may include without limitation, various communications tools, online forums, shopping services, personalized content and branded programming. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the Web Site, including the release of new or specialized Company web-based services, are subject to these TERMS. In some instances, these TERMS and a separate end user license or similar agreement will apply to a service or product offered by Company and/or the Web Site. We may add, change, remove, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Web Site at any time without notice. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict access to parts of or all of the Web Site without notice or liability. In order to use the Web Site, you must obtain access to the Internet, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment and technology necessary to make such connection to the Internet (e.g., personal computer, modem, cell phone, other access device, etc.).
5. Our Linking Policy Any web site that links to the Web Site: (a) must not frame or create a browser or border environment around any of the Content of the Web Site; (b) may link to, but not replicate, the Content; (c) must not imply that Company or the Web Site is endorsing or sponsoring it or its products, unless Company has given its prior written consent; (d) must not present false information about Company or its products or services; (e) must not use any Company trademarks without the prior written permission from Company; and (f) must not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial. By linking to any of the Web Site, you agree that you do and will continue to comply with the above linking requirements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these TERMS, we reserve the right to deny permission to link to the Web Site for any reason in our sole and absolute discretion.
6. Acceptable Use You will not use the Web Site to: • 1. Upload, post, e-mail, transmit, display, distribute, promote, or otherwise make available: (i) any material that is false, unlawful, threatening, tortious, disparaging (including disparaging of Company, its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates), anything that adversely affects Companyís business such as discouraging any person or entity from advertising with, linking to or supplying Company, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, racist, sexually explicit, ethnically or culturally offensive, indecent, or that promotes violence, racial hatred, terrorism, or illegal acts, or is otherwise objectionable in Company’s sole discretion; (ii) information, software, or other material that violates, plagiarizes, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright (including, without limitation, offering pirated computer programs or links to such programs, information used to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, including serial registration numbers for software programs, or any type of cracker utilities), trademark, patent, trade secret, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right; (iii) material of any kind that contains a virus, Trojan horse, time bombs, worms, spyware, bots, any automated use of the system, such as scripts, or other harmful component or restricts or inhibits any other user’s uninhibited use and enjoyment of the Web Site, interferes with or disrupts the Web Site or servers or networks connected to the Web Site, or disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Web Site; (iv) information or material of any kind that constitutes or contains false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact, including, without limitation, by forging any TCP/IP packet header, any part of the header information in any transmission to the Web Site, or otherwise manipulating identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to the Web Site; (v) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” requests for money, petitions for signature, or any other form of solicitation; (vi) any material that encourages, promotes, solicits or commits conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law; or (vii) otherwise make available any material that exploits or harms any individual, corporation or other entity; • 2. Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; • 3. Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Web Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges; • 4. Stalk, abuse, sexually exploit, violently exploit, act violently toward or otherwise harass another user; • 5. Use or attempt to use another’s information, account, password, service or system except as expressly permitted; or • 6. Solicit or collect personal data including telephone numbers, addresses, last names, or email addresses, about other users. You represent, warrant and agree that you will comply with the above acceptable use policy.
8. Promotions The Web Site may contain or offer sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, which may be governed by a separate set of rules that describe the sweepstakes, contest or promotion and may have eligibility requirements. It is your responsibility to read those rules to determine whether or not your participation, registration or entry will be valid or restricted, and to determine the sponsor’s requirements of you in connection with the applicable sweepstakes, contest or promotion.
9. Copyrights and Copyright Agents If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Company’s copyright agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. ß 512: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Company’s copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or regarding the Web Site can be reached as follows: By phone: Bess McCarty 512-569-1139 By email: firstname.lastname@example.org We reserve the right to terminate the accounts of users who (in our reasonable discretion) are repeat infringers.
10. Third Party Content and Information The Web Site contains Content that is provided for your convenience and enjoyment. Third parties provide some of the Content. You should be aware that the Content might contain errors, omissions, inaccuracies, outdated information, and inadequacies and that the Content may be subject to terms and conditions, which may be found on the Web Site or in the documents and policies of third parties. We make no representations or warranties as to the completeness, accuracy, adequacy, currency or reliability of any Content and will not be liable for any lack of the foregoing. Third party advertisers may offer goods, services and other materials to you on the Web Site. Your correspondence and business dealings with others found on or through the Web Site including, without limitation, the payment and delivery of products and services, and any terms, conditions, warranties and representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the advertiser. You agree that Company will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or the offering of such products, services, and other Content on the Web Site. Under certain circumstances, we may permit third party users to upload content, in which event you may be exposed to offensive, indecent or objectionable content. Descriptions of, or references to, products, services or publications within the Web Site do not imply endorsement of that product, service or publication.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, AND FUNCTIONS MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH OR SENT FROM THE WEB SITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE, ” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS.” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, COMPANY AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) ABOUT: (A) THE WEB SITE; (B) THE CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ON AND PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEB SITE; (C) THE FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE WEB SITE; (D) THE MESSAGES AND INFORMATION SENT FROM THE WEB SITE BY USERS; (E) ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEB SITE OR HYPERTEXT LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES; AND/OR (F) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THE WEB SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE, ANY OF THE WEB SITE’S FUNCTIONS OR ANY CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES OR USE OF THE WEB SITE IS LAWFUL IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION AND, IN ANY EVENT, COMPANY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS SUCH WARRANTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY USING ANY OF THE FEATURES OF THE WEB SITE, YOU ACT AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT. FURTHER, COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND TITLE. COMPANY, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES OR THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF THE WEB SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY ERRORS CONTAINED THEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT SUCH JURISDICTION’S LAW IS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
13. Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT COMPANY LIMITS ITS LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE AS SET FORTH BELOW: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL COMPANY, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES OR THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM (COLLECTIVELY, THE “COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS”) BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, ECONOMIC, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO (1) THE WEB SITE, THE CONTENT, OR YOUR UPLOAD INFORMATION; (2) THE USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR PERFORMANCE OF THE WEB SITE; (3) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY COMPANY OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR CONTENT;(4) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OWNERS; (5) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE WEB SITE’S TECHNICAL OPERATION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE WEB SITE). IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). THE COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER’S COMPUTER, MODEM, CELL PHONE, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION. YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS WEB SITE IS AT YOUR RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE WEB SITE OR ANY OF THE CONTENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE ACCESSING AND USING THE WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT. YOU RECOGNIZE AND CONFIRM THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF COMPANY’S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, PROGRAM, TELEVISION SHOW, MOTION PICTURE OR OTHER AUDIO/VISUAL CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY COMPANY AND/OR ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AND/OR AFFILIATES OR YOUR UPLOAD INFORMATION, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY COMPANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, PROGRAM, TELEVISION SHOW, MOTION PICTURE OR OTHER AUDIO/VISUAL CONTENT OR YOUR UPLOAD INFORMATION OR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS RELATED THERETO. BY ACCESSING THE WEB SITE, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
14. Indemnity You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company Entities And Individuals with respect to any and all costs, claims, demands, investigations, liabilities, losses, damages, judgments, settlements, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees arising out of or in connection with this TERMS, including, without limitation: (a) your use of the Web Site; (b) your violation of these TERMS or any law, rule or regulation; (c) your use of the Content; or (d) any of Your Upload Information. You will cooperate as fully and reasonably as required by Company in the defense of any claim. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Company retains the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay any and all claims, demands, proceedings, suits, actions or causes of actions which are brought against Company herein under the terms and provisions of this Section 16 and in no event shall you settle any such claim without Company’s prior written approval.
15. Governing Law THESE TERMS AND THE INTERPRETATION OF THESE TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES AND SPECIFICALLY WILL NOT BE GOVERNED BY THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTIONS ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS, IF OTHERWISE APPLICABLE.
16. Jurisdiction and Venue You waive all rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these TERMS and/or the Web Site. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these TERMS and/or the Web Site shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Texas, in the City of Austin, County of Travis, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any matters or proceedings that are not subject to arbitration as set forth in this Section 18 of these TERMS and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Kansas, in the City of Hays, County of Ellis. You waive the defense of forum non conveniens.
17. Miscellaneous You are solely responsible for compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations in connection with your use of the Web Site and the Content, including, without limitation, those governing your transmission or use of any software or data. These TERMS and any applicable end user license or similar agreements contain the sole and entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Web Site, the Content and Your Upload Information and supersedes any and all other prior written or oral agreements between them. The section titles in these TERMS are for your convenience only and do not have any legal or contractual effect. You agree that these TERMS will not be construed against Company by virtue of having drafted these TERMS. If any provision of these TERMS shall be held invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction or as a result of future legislative action, such holding or action shall be strictly construed and shall not affect the validity or effect of any other provision of these TERMS. No waiver on the part of Company of any of these TERMS will be of any force or effect unless made in writing and signed by a duly authorized officer of Company.
18. Termination You understand and agree that Company will determine your compliance with these TERMS in its sole discretion. Company reserves the right to deny access to all or part of the Web Site and to deny access to any person in its sole discretion without notice or liability of any kind. Any violation of these TERMS may be referred to law enforcement authorities. Upon termination of your user account or access to the Web Site, or upon demand by Company, you must destroy all materials obtained from this Web Site and all related documentation.
Copyright 2020 Bess McCarty. All rights reserved.